CRISPY CHILLI FALAFEL CHIP CHICKEN
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper
- ½ tbsp each sea salt flakes, garlic salt and dried oregano
- ½ tsp each smoked paprika and ground ginger
- Finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 800g chicken tenderloins
- 350g The Wholesome Food Company Falafel Chips (Chilli Flavour, 2 x 175g packets)
- 150g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Rice bran oil, to deep fry
- To serve, sea salt flakes, store-bought aioli and lemon wedges
Combine all spices, lemon zest and oil in a large bowl. Mix well. Add chicken and mix to coat. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Place Falafel Chips in a bowl or food processor and crush to a coarse crumb. Pour onto a large plate.
Preheat oil to 200ºC in a deep fryer or deep saucepan.
Place flour on a large plate. Coat each chicken piece in flour, dusting off any excess. Whisk egg and milk together. Dip in egg mixture, then coat in Falafel Chip crumbs.
Fry chicken in batches of 4 strips at a time for 4-5 mins or until golden on the outside and cooked through. Sprinkle with extra salt and serve with aioli and lime wedges.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Serves 5-8 (snack size)